Radio Facts: Pand ora Media Inc. said its personalized online radio service doubled in size this year, topping 40 million registered users. Of those, some 15 million people visited the Web site each month, said Tim Westergren, Pand ora's chief executive. Almost all stream the radio content.
The numbers illustrate Pand ora's challenge to regular broadcast radio's online programming. Some 22 million people listen to regular radio stations' streams each week, compared with 15 million for Internet-only stations such as Pand ora, according to Edison Research Inc. and Arbitron Inc.
CC Media Holdings Inc.'s Clear Channel Radio says it has about 8 million listeners who stream its programming each month. CBS Corp. says it has about 9 million people who stream programming from its radio stations. Both companies have millions more site visitors who don't stream the programming. Unlike Pand ora, CBS and Clear Channel don't necessarily require users to register. In addition, CBS's Last.fm site has some 13 million U.S. visitors a month.
Pand ora users customize radio stations to their own tastes. About one-third of its 3 million daily users listen through mobile phones, the company said.[source]
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Sen. Hillman T. Frazier to keynote 143rd Founders’ Day at JSU