One of the murder suspects charged with the assassination of Young Dolph has been sentenced to prison for violating a previous charge.
23-year-old Justin Johnson was sentenced on Tuesday to two years for violating the terms of his supervised release relating to past weapon charges, according to a report from ActionNews5.
Johnson pleaded guilty to violations that include “not being regularly employed. Missing mandatory drug screenings and therapy, failing to seek permission before leaving the jurisdiction, and being arrested.”
The news came about less than a month after Johnson was attacked by another inmate at Tennessee’s Shelby County Jail in March. Johnson was punched in the face while on the phone in the jail’s visitation area, according to TMZ. Lawyer Juni Ganguli said his client was not seriously injured, and there was no stated motive for the assault.
Johnson reportedly told Judge Norris during Tuesday’s hearing that he is ready to put the prior charges in his rear-view because he has “ a lot going on with other charges.” Judge Norris reportedly noted he was “bitterly disappointed” with Johnson, whom the judge said “squandered” the opportunity given to him by the court in his previous case.
In January, Johnson was arrested along with Cornelius Smith, 32, in connection with Young Dolph’s murder last November. Police issued a warrant for Johnson in January, a week later Johnson was captured by U.S. Marshals in Indiana. Cornelius Smith was already in custody at Desoto County Jail in Desoto, Miss. for a previous arrest on Dec. 9. Johnson faces charges of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, employment of a firearm, and theft of property over $10,000.
Young Dolph’s autopsy results show that the late rapper suffered 22 gunshot wounds, as he was shot in the chest, neck, chin, abdomen, shoulder, both arms, and multiple times in the back.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- SUNDAY READ: Running a Business Lessons I Wish I’d Known Earlier
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,