Meruelo Media appoints Haz Montana as Vice President, Audio Brands
It’s a big day for Meruelo Media as they welcome well-seasoned programmer, Haz Montana as the new vice president of Audio Brands.
Montana will oversee Audio Brands leading the content department of its Los Angeles cluster — Throwback Hip Hop 93.5 KDAY/KDEY, Hip Hop KPWR (Power 106), Classic Rock 95.5 KLOS, and Latin Rhythmic KLLI (CALI 93.9).
Montana will be reporting to Otto Padron, President/CEO of Meruelo Media, who excitedly exclaimed, “We ‘Haz’ Montana and Montana ‘Haz’ Us!
After an exhaustive national search getting to know some of this country’s most amazing leaders in our craft of audio — we’re happy that Haz chose us!” Padron continued, “Haz brings the right balance of audio art and hard science perfectly nested within his steady brand of leadership, personal values, and the confident entrepreneurial spirit we energetically embrace here at Meruelo Media. These very essential qualities are must-have requirements to steer our team and legacy audio brands.”
Montana is a highly experienced media executive who has spent the last 16 years with Univision/UFORIA Los Angeles, to the point of rising to VP of Content, leading legacy Spanish-language AC KLVE, Oldies KRCD, and Regional Mexican KSCA.
During his time at Univision tenure, he drove and developed operational and programming strategies for Univision’s Rhythmic (Reggaetón/Hip Hop) brand, and launched the national Latino Mix Spanish CHR brand.
Montana was the brain behind the Top 40 and Rock. He originally programmed and was an on-air talent in this show, which evolved into a consulting gig with Critical Mass Media. The success of this gig led to the introduction to Spanish radio in Miami, and eventually to the launch and growth of pioneering Spanish CHR “Super Estrella” in Los Angeles. It further grew and developed into a 10- year concert event franchise.
Montana’s remarks on the appointment were sentimental as he expressed his passion for the audio market. “Hip Hop, Rock, Throwbacks, Latin Rhythm, and passionate talent. “This opportunity is a dream come true. I’m honored to be starting today with Team Meruelo and looking forward to working with some of this country’s most iconic audio brands and lead a great team of format captains as we continue to develop and grow these legendary call letters towards a market-agnostic and boundless digital horizon. Above all, I’m excited about chartering a bold path in this newly re-imagined role of VP/Audio Brands here at Meruelo Media.” A happy” Montana remarked!
- NAB Leadership Foundation Announces Host and Celebrity Presenters for Celebration of Service to America Awards
- Foul Smell Leads to the Discovery of Missing Elderly Man Stuffed Inside Trash Can Behind His Home
- 2 Dead, 8 Injured During Chicago Mass Shooting Near Loyola University
- MNRK Music Group Announces Three Promotions
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- The Judds: The Final Tour To Carry On As An Epic, Star-Studded Tribute This Fall
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?
- Undefeated German Boxer, Musa Askan Yamak, Suffers Heart Attack and Dies During Boxing Match
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- ‘Poopetrator’ Who Defecated on Beauty Store Floor Identified by Police