Legendary singer-songwriter Marvin Gaye and tap dancer and actor Gregory Hine will be honored by the United States Postal Service (USPS) in 2019.
The USPS will be making commemorative sts honoring the two legends. They will be joining the other famous icons that have been honored such as Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou, and Lena Horne.Gaye’s st will be part of the Music Icon series. Hines’ st will be the 42nd st in the Black Heritage series.The late Gaye’s st design will feature a portrait of the artist inspired by historic photographs. It will look like a vintage 45 rpm record sleeve. The sts will be included on one of the side panes, along with information about his legacy.Hines’ st will include a full body image of the late dancer which was taken by Jack Mitchell. The image was taken in 1988. In the image, we see the actor and dancer presenting a pair of tap dancing shoes.Marvin Gaye is well known for his hit songs like “What’s Going on,” “Let’s Get It On,” and “Sexual Healing.” Hines was a famous actor known for movies such as Running Scared and Waiting for Exhale.The two new sts will continue the tradition of honoring those who have shaped the United States’ history since 1847. Educator and author Booker T. Washington was the first African American to be featured on a st on April 7, 1940.The sts will be coming to postal offices in 2019, but no official date has been released.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,