Radio Facts: Jay-Z's mom Gloria Carter accepted an award at the 29th annual GLAAD awards this past weekend. During her speech, she reveals her incredible struggle to hide her sexuality living in the Marcy Projects and trying to raise her children. She states she hid for decades to protect her children from ignorance until she finally met a woman who made her smile and she felt the freedom to finally be herself closing the door on her self-imposed prison. See her speech below.
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)