A horse plowed through a gate and killed a woman at a rodeo event. Last Friday, a young woman perished in an unexpected accident at a Georgia rodeo event. On Friday night, in Chatsworth, about 85 miles outside of Atlanta, Breanna Chadwick, 20, was in attendance at an event hosted by the Murray County Saddle Club.
A Murray County Fire Department spokesperson told the Dalton Daily Citizen that a horse in the arena rammed into a gate and hit Chadwick during the event. Later the woman died at the hospital.
According to a Facebook post by her sister, Kirstin, the victim was life-flighted to a nearby hospital.
“Lord, please pray for my sister, Breanna Chadwick. She has been in a horrible accident. We need all the prayers we can get for her. They [are] airlifting her to Erlanger Hospital, and the doctors said to prepare for the worst,” her sister wrote.
On Friday, another family member posted on Facebook: “She has no brain activity and is breathing through a vent.”
“While we are in so much pain and have so many questions of why. We have great comfort in knowing she is in a much better place, and its all in Gods plan,” said family member Kristy Chadwick on Facebook.
The events scheduled by the club over the weekend were set to continue; the Murray County Saddle Club also posted on Facebook. “After a lot of tears and heavy considerations, we have spoken with a member of the Chadwick family. At there request, the shows will go on and parade. We will have a candlelight vigil in honor of Breanna Chadwick,” the Saddle Club wrote.
Chadwick was studying to be a third-grade teacher while a student at Reinhardt University. “She loved the color teal, her jeep, Lily, and Peanut, but most of all, she loved her family and friends,” the obituary read. “She touched so many lives and will continue for many years.”
A GoFundMe to help with the family funeral costs was started. $23,000 had been raised so far.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,