For the past 36 years, the Harlem Business Alliance (HBA) has honored black brilliance with their annual awards gala. This annual must-attend celebration is the pinnacle fundraising event for the non-profit.
This year’s theme, ‘Black Women Did That’ shines the spotlight on excellence – honoring nine outstanding women, a first for the organization, which traditionally honors both women and men. Saluting the magic, brains, grace and determination of black women, the organization will acknowledge them in the following categories: business, communications, government, community service and newly added science technology engineering, art and math (STEAM).
The 36th Annual Harlem Business Alliance Awards Gala is scheduled for Wednesday, May 3rd, 6:30-10:00|PMThis year’s honorees are: Sylvia Rhone (Business Person of the Year, Music Executive Icon) Jeanne Wardford (Chairman’s Award, W.K. Kellogg Foundation), Vera Moore (Entrepreneurship Award, CEO, Vera Moore Cosmetics), Dyana Williams (Percy Sutton Award, Entertainment powerhouse and CEO, Influencer Entertainment), Glynda C. Carr (Government Service Award, Advocate and Political Strategist), Kimberly Peeler-Allen (Government Service Award, Political Fundraiser and Event Planner), Jodie Patterson (Community Service Award, Entrepreneur and Activist), Dr. Aletha Maybank (STEAM Award, Deputy Commissioner for New York City Department of Health) and La-Verna J. Fountain (Woman of Action Award, VP for Strategic Communications & Construction Business Initiatives at Columbia University).
“Growing up surrounded by strong, intelligent Black women, running thriving businesses and organizations throughout Harlem – Black Girl Magic was always the rule. Not the exception” says Regina Smith, Executive Director of HBA. This year’s theme ‘Black Women Did That’ recognizes the silent power of countless black women who fueled numerous movements from the Underground Railroad, Civil Rights, and to innovations in space, science, arts and entrepreneurship. In recognition of the success and inspiration, they have brought to the world. The HBA celebrates Black women for all that they do and will continue to do.
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About Unemployment Scam
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Need a Laugh? See What Happens When He Tells His Mom He is in Jail
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- Parent Jumps On Zoom Call to Check Teacher About Disrespectful George Floyd Comment (VIDEO)