A family heard a strange noise in their backyard as a co-pilot fell or jumped to his death and landed in their tree. Before the aircraft made an emergency landing, the co-pilot exited the plane in North Carolina.
Charles Hew Crooks, 23, was not wearing a parachute when he landed and was discovered in a backyard in the town of Fuquay-Varina. This Raleigh suburb is about 30 miles south of the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
The family said they heard a thud outside but did not see anything unusual, they told WRAL News. Examining the crash, several law enforcement officers were searching their street as the investigation continued.
According to WRAL News, lodged in the tree in the backyard, Crooks was found by authorities.
The pilot reported that one of his wheels had fallen off, and he was able to make an emergency landing at the airport Friday afternoon. He suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from care.
The pilot was the only person left aboard the defective aircraft when the plane landed.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Some People Were “Idiots” For Getting Kicked out of Beyoncé’s Secret Album Release Party (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Nearly A Dozen Homes Deemed Uninhabitable After a Fiery Explosion Rocks Indiana Town, Killing 3