Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Congressman Chaka Fattah announced that the Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) will receive a $3 million grant to improve educational outcomes for African American male students.
The five-year grant is awarded under the Department of Education's Predominantly Black Institutions Program (PBI). CCP will use the federal funds to enhance one of its central academic programs that assist low- and middle-income African American male students in their pursuit of a college education.
“This grant is a continuation of the work we began years ago to establish the Center for Male Engagement at the Community College of Philadelphia,” Congressman Fattah said. “The center is designed to ensure that African American male students have every advantage they need to succeed in their pursuit of a college degree.”
“We are so grateful to receive this grant for it will allow the important work of the Center for Male Engagement to continue,” said Dr. Donald Guy Generals, president of Community College of Philadelphia. “This is a place where men gain the confidence to be successful in life and in their studies. It transforms lives by providing dedicated coaches who connect potential with opportunity, ensuring growth.”
Over his 30 year career in public service, Congressman Fattah has been unwavering in his support for college access. The architect of GEAR UP—the nation's most effective college readiness program —Fattah has triumphed in his drive for more federal dollars to assist institutions in their mission to recruit and retain low-income students. Fattah is a member of the House Appropriations Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Subcommittee.
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- UNSUNG REVIEW Entire Episode: The Sylvers (video)
- Michigan Governor appoints Chapman as Commissioner for MCOLES