Radio and Music Industry News

Brother Larry Jones Exits Yolanda Adams Syndicated Show

Syndication One Announced the departure of Brother Larry Jones this week.

Radio Facts: Originally posted August 26, 2010 – Syndication One announces the departure of Brother Larry Jones from the Yolanda Adams Morning Show.  Like you, we’ve enjoyed Brother Larry’s contributions over the years and wish him continued future success.

Beginning tomorrow (Thursday, August 26th) we will begin branding the program as “The Yolanda Adams Morning Show”.   To ensure network consistency, we encourage you to logon to Syndication One’s SharePoint site to gain materials to update your local Yolanda Adams Morning Show assets.

KEVIN’S SUMMARY: The Death and Rebirth of the "DJ," Remembering the Mom and Pop Turkeys

Emmis Indianapolis Market President Taja Graham Joins Board of Directors for MIW

TWO-TIME GRAMMY AWARD WINNER JAZMINE SULLIVAN PRESENTED A LIBERTY BELL BY THE NATION’S BIRTHPLACE THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA AT MADE IN AMERICA

MELLO YELLO–The Incredible Story of Jack The Rapper (book)

Gladys Knight Gives Brandy Sound Advice about the Business and Family

This Marvin Gaye Isolated Vocal May Leave You in Awe

loretta p. veney September 20, 2010 at 11:31 am

i just asked about mr. jones. i hope it was something positive for him. i will miss him hyping up marcus wiley. i pray his success in whatever he does. thanks for letting the public know. i sure im not the only one who misses his voice. may God continue to bless the Yolanda Adams morning show. ms. Adams, we have the same last name, and the Adamses are good people. lol but serious

Drusilla Cunningham September 21, 2010 at 8:17 am

I’m sorry that Brother Larry has left the show. I have enjoyed his voice and input on the show. He will be deeply missed. I hope it was a positive change and I pray for much continued success in his life. Thanks so much for letting us know. But it may need to be mentioned again that he’s gone. I love the show guys keep up the good work in the Lord. Be blessed always!

Faye Taylor September 22, 2010 at 8:29 am

I enjoyed the morning show with Ms. Adams, Mr. Jones and Mr. Wiley. The three of them established a great team and they flowed together well. Now, it feels like something is missing. I probably won’t be listening as often. I wish everyone well.

Sandra Curry September 25, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I will miss Brother Larry and his contribution to the wonderful and blessed group that ministered to me each morning. I pray that he be blessed with what God has purposed him for in the future. To the remaining cast and crew continued blessings and prosperity in your lives. You guys bless me each day with a song or a word that I can stand on as I speak life into the students of Atascocita High School.

lacey September 26, 2010 at 4:45 am

I wondered where Mr.Jones was. He will be missed from the show. They made a great team. The show will seem as if a family member is missing.

Mrs. Brown September 27, 2010 at 6:02 pm

We miss the voice of Mr. Larry Jones. I hope all is well with Mr. Jones. I feel he was a big part of this morning show. May God blessing be with you Mr. Jones. I have followed you alway from the other stations. You will true be missed. I hope you will start another christan morning show.

Best regards,
Mrs.Brown

Mrs Gibson September 28, 2010 at 11:01 am

I will miss Bro.Larry Jones. I know changes are good but the Yolando Morning Show is missing the spice. May God continue to bless the show. I will still listen but, I wish I could hear Bro. Larry in the morning.

Yolanda September 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm

We Miss U…

MieKayla Singleton October 1, 2010 at 5:45 am

BROTHER LARRY, WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE US?????? YOU HAD ME SCARED FOR A LONG TIME, YOU HAD ME THINKING THAT YOU GOT LAID OFF (I DOUBT THAT). Where are you working at now?

Linda A. October 22, 2010 at 6:55 am

Bro Larry where are you?

Anonymous October 22, 2010 at 9:27 pm

what happened to Brother Larry? Why is he no longer on the show?

Stephanie October 25, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Why???

Ponngee November 26, 2010 at 5:42 am

Why did he leave. i just did not know he had left until i realize that a month had gone by without hearing him. i thought that he had surgery and was recuperating. is he with another show?

Renee November 26, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I have been listening to The Morning Show for a few years and have drawn from the points of power and ministry in the morning on my way to work. However I have been in New Hampshire for a few weeks caring for a sister with Cancer. She passed on November 1st and with everything had not listened until yesterday and did not here brother Larry. I logged into the Yolanda Adams site and did not see brother Larry. After doing research, I found that he was gone. I pray that this was God moving him to a better place and not station changes. He will be missed!!!!

GERRI December 1, 2010 at 11:40 am

i am so sorry to hear that Brother Larry Jones is no longer with 92.1. he will definitely be missed. i have followed him from station to station. again he will be truely missed.

Dr. Spratley December 8, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I, too, had stopped listening for awhile. When I tuned in I wondered why I never heard Brother Larry Jones. Now that I have done my research I am really sad to hear he is gone. I no longer listen to the show, although Marcus Wiley made me laugh, and now that I know Brother Larry is gone I doubt I will tune in again.

louis January 5, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I truly miss brother Jones and I wonder why the station did not mention his departure. I pray that it was a positive move for him and I really dont listen as much as I used to.

Sedrick February 8, 2011 at 5:20 am

Yoland its seems to me that at times you all try and turn everything into a racist issue. People who attack Mike Vick has been attacking people who kill any type of animals. They went after Vick because he is famous. I myself am a black man, I know some things are racist but not everything. You know we Christian are all brothers and sisters in Christ. White and Black

jimmy March 28, 2011 at 5:31 am

THIS HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE LARRY QUESTION ? IT’S ABOUT MAKING THAT MONEY! MISS.ADAMS IS ABOUT THE MONEY-I DIDN’T SAY SHE WASN’T A GIVER. I LIKED LARRY AS THEY SAY “FAMILY FUN & FREINDS” YO – WE ALL KNOW LARRY WAS APART OF THE FAMILY ! SO WHY THEN SHOULD FAMILY TREAT EACH ORTHER LIKE THIS! WE TUNE INTO PRAISE 103.9 FM EACH & EVERY DAY THAT’S WHAT FAMILY DO ! SO CAN SOMEBODY ANYBODY TELL ME WHY IS IT THAT ALL THE FAMILY CAN POST SO MUCH CONCERNING MR.LARRY WHO WE KNOW WAS APART OF THE FAMILY A BRO.THAT WAS ON “THE ONE LOVE CRUISE” & ALL THE ORHTER PLACES THE FAMILY WENT !
“HELLO”… TELL US WHAT IS UP WITH HIM ? WHAT IS HE DOING?
DID HE TAKE A BUY OUT ? OR WAS HIS CONTRACT SIMPLY NOT RENEWED? YO SAY SOME THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shamekia March 30, 2011 at 9:05 am

I simply do not like this change. The show is not the same without Brother Larry. I agree wth Jimmy, why should family treat others like this. I think it was about the money, they probably didnt want to pay him. Brother Larry, AV, and Marcus, make the Yolanda Adams morning a success. Larry I miss you!!!!

Anonymous April 19, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Too many commercials.

Tammy April 20, 2011 at 10:43 am

Wow…. I was asking about Larry Jones also, he left so abruptly. I even emailed and never got a reply. It is a shame that the listeners were not considered as it relates to information. Not taking anything away from the other personalities; but Larry Jones has been entertaining a very long time and has his fans and or listeners. I believe this change had a lot to do with finance as well, being Christian and informative to the loyal fans should have been considered important.I know the scripture states that your gift will make room for you and bring you before great men,the station seems to be biased but change is inevitable and can be handled with dignity…

Priscilla Pelzer April 25, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Hey Guys, I don’t listen to the radio much but when I did listen, I simply LOVED the voice character and wisdom of Brother Larry.I met him on the One Love gospel cruise in 2009, He appeared to be a REAL man of God so, who better to have the enemy replace…….We can do the right thing and pray for him. God has the POWER to bring him back!!!! Test the spirit by the spirit……Send some letters to the radio managers on his behalf!!! I promise my letter will be in the mail this week do a petition let the LOVE show…..

Tee August 30, 2011 at 7:17 am

Some people are just simply rude! (Tricia) Comments like that should be kept to your self. Thats what is wrong with the world now! we are too judgemental about everything. What did Jesus say do, Occupy until He RETURNS, If Ms. Yolanda is doing something that works for her, let her. Why put your 2 cents in and try and degrade who she is. people with small minds think small I guess! Hate to hear Bro. Larry Jones is off the show, but glad to know they are still doing what the do best and thats making people aware of Jesus Christ! Its all about Kingdom Building! Be Blessed!