Emmis Communications New York has announced that effective immediately Ebro Darden has been promoted to Vice President of Programming for Emmis NY for their three Radio Station s, including HOT 97 FM (WQHT), 98.7 KISS FM (WRKS) and 101.9 RXP (WRXP). In his new expand ed role, Ebro will oversee programming aspects for the family of Radio Stations including implementation of programming brand strategies.
Alex Cameron, Senior Vice President & Market Manager for Emmis New York announced the promotion as part of the restructuring of the Emmis NY cluster – a continued evolution in modernizing the business to operate more effectively. “As with Sales and Marketing where we have established leadership roles that represent the cluster to drive a mission in a specific area of focus, Ebro will bring the same level of continuity and strategy to our Programming organization to level out our decision making processes and again, efficiencies from the tools we use, partners we choose, stand ardize a level of excellence within PPM methodology, study and strategy and ultimately represent a global programming view on behalf of our three distinct brand s” said Alex Cameron. “Ebro’s performance for Emmis has been solid, consistent and passionate”¦he will bring great value to for all our brand s and another perspective and resource for our respected Program Directors, Leslie and Jill.”
“This is very exciting and I’m very grateful to our SVP, Alex Cameron, for giving me this tremendous opportunity to lead the entire Programming Team here at Emmis NY” said Ebro Darden. “Our priorities will be programming efficiency in PPM, growing our digital properties and keeping our brand s focused on being culturally significant for our audiences…these are powerful brand s and with the talented team here we’re going to continue to do some serious damage ““ lets go!”
Ebro Darden started with Emmis New York in 2003 as Music Director for HOT 97 after 13 years in Sacramento California and Portland Oregon where he grew through the ranks of programming as a Night DJ, AM Drive Host, Operation Manager and Program Director. In 2007 Ebro Darden was promoted to Program Director when PPM started in New York and since than WQHT has not only thrived, but launched the Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg Show which is the hottest new AM Drive show in New York in years, and also continued to keep HOT 97 exciting and fresh.
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show