Audacy today announced the launch of a new show from its sports podcast studio 2400Sports in partnership with Major League Baseball. “Unwritten: Behind Baseball’s Secret Rules,” premieres June 1st. Listen to the trailer and follow the series HERE.
Hosted by MLB broadcasters and former players Ron Darling and Jimmy Rollins, the show explores a different unwritten rule of the game each week – bat flips, no-hitter jinxes, retribution and more. Episodes feature special guests from around the game including Larry Bowa, Gary Sheffield, and Sean Casey.
Every episode delves into the history of a rule, its origins, and the most famous controversies surrounding each one, putting them in cultural context. Rollins and Darling, players of different eras, give their personal history with these rules and share never-before-told stories from their legendary careers. New episodes will be available weekly.
“Unwritten rules have been in the game forever so I am looking forward to talking to Jimmy and some of our guests about how they were perceived while they played, and how these rules have changed over the years,” said host Darling. “Great baseball topics to discuss and debate.”
“I am thrilled to partner with Ron on ‘Unwritten,’” said Rollins. “Coming from two guys who played at two different times and both cover the game in its current state as broadcasters, we have so much knowledge and experience to pull from. It’s going to be unlike anything else out there.”
Darling, a former right-handed pitcher and 12-year MLB veteran who was a member of the 1986 World Champion New York Mets, is a broadcaster with SNY, Turner, and MLB Network. Rollins, a shortstop whose 17-year MLB career included a World Championship with the 2008 Philadelphia Phillies, a National League MVP award, and four gold gloves, is currently a broadcaster on Turner’s Major League Baseball coverage and recently rejoined the Phillies as a Special Advisor to the President of Baseball Operations.
Audacy is the unrivaled leader in sports audio content, reaching three times more sports fans than its leading competitor. Audacy, through its sports podcast studio, 2400Sports, holds a landmark partnership with Major League Baseball, collaborating on the production and distribution of official podcast programming for the league and its clubs and continues to launch new local podcasts across the country with popular on-air talent.
Audacy also serves as the flagship home of 41 professional teams and over 50 Division 1 collegiate programs including the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox, Dallas Cowboys and Kansas City Chiefs, Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls, and University of Michigan and University of Oregon, among others.
Audacy is the #1 sports radio ownership group, owning and operating 39 all-sports stations across the U.S. Its unparalleled broadcast portfolio reaches nearly 30 million sports fans monthly and boasts the nations’ leading collection of radio play-by-play coverage.
- Former Texas Cop Sentenced to Prison Time For Helping Stepfather Distribute Cocaine
- Joe Budden Discusses The Downside of Artificial Intelligence Constructed Music (VIDEO)
- Rising R&B Singer-Songwriter Taylor Talks New Single, ‘Love Just Hates Me’
- Howard Hewett Apologizes to Jody Watley After 40 Years (video) Also, Unsung Full Episode
- Roland Martin Discusses The Virtual HBCU Experience ‘HBCUv’ with United Negro College Fund (VIDEO)
- Rock Radio Personality Lyndsay Marie Joins Kansas City Classic Rock Station 101 The Fox as On-Air Host for Middays
- Cumulus Media Names New Operations Manager for Mobile, AL Radio Station Group
- ENTERCOM ANNOUNCES 5TH ANNUAL “V-103 WINTERFEST – THE WINTER WHITE AFFAIR PART 2 – PRESENTED BY 1-800-411-PAIN AND POWERED BY AT&T”
- Birmingham Radio Radio DJ Mz. Katt Dies
- Sony/ATV’s Jon Platt: The Solo Black CEO of a Global Major Music Company Explains Why A Change Must Come