Radio Facts: Radio Facts:
(Editor's Note: Here WE go again) MAGNUS Media announced the inception of MAGNUS Sports, a fully integrated division dedicated to the worldwide representation of major athletes. MAGNUS Sports has completed its first initiative by forming a joint venture with premier boutique baseball agency Praver Shapiro Sports Management and the signing of Cuban-born, 4-time Major League All-Star pitcher Aroldis Chapman.
Founded earlier this year by international music icon Marc Anthony, MAGNUS Media has been building a roster of top-tier entertainers, artists and influencers and brings to the venture its expertise in entertainment, branding, marketing, social media, and content development. Praver Shapiro is widely recognized as a leading Sports Management Agency specialized in representing Hispanic baseball talent, and providing a comprehensive array of services designed to address the unique needs of the professional athlete both on and off the field. The venture will be jointly overseen by MAGNUS Media CEO Michel Vega and Praver Shapiro's Barry Praver and Scott Shapiro.
Marc Anthony said, “Baseball, like music, is an ingrained cultural passion for many Latinos throughout the world, and there's no shortage of amazing stars of Hispanic origin. Despite that, until now there hasn't been an enterprise specifically designed to meet their needs. With MAGNUS Sports, we are changing the existing dynamics and building a new kind of Management Company that understands the culture and knows how to build big media brands.
“Beyond the cultural connection, social media is also bringing fans closer to their heroes than ever before. That means that athletes, like other entertainers, need management that can help them with both managing their career and building their brand”.
“We are honored to have the opportunity to begin this venture with a prominent talent like Aroldis.”
Chapman added, “I couldn't be happier to have the MAGNUS Sports team supporting me as I enter the next important phase of my career. We are going to continue to work hard both on and off the field to push boundaries and achieve new levels of success.”
Other operating units of MAGNUS include an artist management company, music publishing, digital content creation, film & television, a music label and an entertainment-centric marketing practice focused on leveraging the power of top Latino content creators in the U.S. and worldwide.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- 50 CENT SAYS HE VOTING FOR DONALD TRUMP! BLACK PEOPLE FEEL “BETRAYED”.
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam
- Michigan Governor appoints Chapman as Commissioner for MCOLES