135th CEO SHANTE BACON MAKES AD AGE “WOMEN TO WATCH” 2016 LIST
For two decades, Advertising Age has been recognizing women who have made indelible contributions to the worlds of media, marketing and advertising. Shante Bacon, founder and CEO of the 135th Street Agency, is among this year’s class of achievers who are making a mark on the industry and are helping to shape it for the future.
From AdAge.com: “Ever since getting her foot in the door with Disney’s “Tangled” in 2010, Shanté Bacon’s 135th Street Agency has done communications and experiential work for the top studios in Hollywood. Most recently, the shop supported the release of Paramount Pictures’ “Daddy’s Home,” starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, and Warner Bros.’ “Keanu” with Jordan Peele and Keegan-Michael Key.
Next up, Ms. Bacon, who served as senior director of marketing at Island Def Jam Music Group prior to creating 135th, said she wants to “make more headway into the tech industry.” The shop won Google’s African-American communications business at the end of March, and one of its first efforts on the account was holding a roundtable in early May to connect the tech giant with key influencers, thought leaders and media members.” Read more…
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Tori Alamaze on Kelis, The Music Industry and New Project
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)