CBS RADIO, one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States, producing original audio and video, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, today announced Alan Blum will take on the newly-created position of Vice President, Branded Content Solutions. Blum will report to Rich Lobel, Executive Vice President and CMO, Altitude Group, a team of local engagement experts tasked with helping Fortune 500 brands connect with consumers using CBS radio and CBS Television Stations along with their digital properties, as well as CBS’s outdoor assets. The appointment is effective immediately.
In this role, Blum will work directly with the nation’s leading marketers to develop cross-platform programs that build brand awareness and favorability for advertisers. He will identify unique and engaging ways to introduce clients into a range of broadcast and digital programming, as well as out of home media.
“Local marketing is rapidly becoming the ‘new black,’ and given Alan’s considerable agency and branded content experience, he is the ideal partner to have as we enhance our commitment to delivering world class solutions to clients who want to own the local market landscape,” said Lobel. “He has a fresh perspective in looking at marketing solutions from a consumer point of view, and can see opportunities that have a chance to become sensational.”
Blum joins CBS radio from Re:Vision, a NYC-based advertising agency he founded in 1993, and where he also served as President and Executive Creative Director. Re:Vision is recognized for its strategic insights and provocative communications, and grew to represent the brand interests of a large roster of clients, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
In 2010, Blum helped start Five Point Snacks, a line of snack products sold in more than 1000 stores with proceeds benefitting a variety of veterans’ organizations. Blum and his co-founder handle all aspects of marketing communications, public relations, events and sponsorships, sales and partnerships.
Additionally, Blum served as Creative at famed advertising agencies TBWA and Leo Burnett where he worked on such accounts as Air France, Club Med, Absolut Vodka, Evian, Anheuser-Busch, Oldsmobile and Diet 7-Up. From 2004-07, Blum also served as task producer for Mark Burnett Productions, creating brand-supported programming for “The Apprentice” and “Rockstar: INXS.”
Blum is a member of the Board of New York Neo-Futurists, an award-winning NYC theater company, and is on the Board of Advisors for the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music. He was graduated from the University of Michigan in 1984.
- Inductees Announced For The Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame June 2022 Induction
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions if Keyshia Cole’s Relationship with Antonio Brown is Doomed (Video)
- Podcast Advertising Effectiveness is Soaring
- NAB Launches “The Best of NAB Show Amplified”
- Radio One Charlotte Names New Program Director for Heritage Sports Radio WFNZ 610AM/92.7FM
- White Supremacist Opens Fire at Supermarket: Here are the Names of the Buffalo Massacre Victims
- New York Public Radio Names Kenya Young Senior Vice President of WNYC Studios
- Pinky Cole’s Surprise Gift to Every CAU Graduate in Atlanta
- Police Uncover Video of Arby’s Manager Urinating in Milkshake Mix
- YOUTUBE AND THE SPRINGHILL COMPANY ANNOUNCE “RECIPE FOR CHANGE: AMPLIFYING BLACK WOMEN”