WLIB RAISES MORE THAN $119,000 DURING TWO-DAY RADIO-THON TO SUPPORT ST. JUDE CHILDREN’s HOSPITAL
WLIB 1190 AM, your home for Gospel, Inspiration, and Information, hosted its 8th annual radio-thon in support of St. Jude Children’s Hospital. St. Jude’s mission to advance cures and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases, through research and treatment (StJude.org) truly resonates WLIB’s goal to inspire and uplift its audience through the power of Gospel music and motivation. During the two-day radio-thon, WLIB and on-air hosts including Liz Black, the Yolanda Adams Morning Show, and Bishop Hezekiah Walker & Neicy Tribbetfrom Afternoon Praise broadcasted live from the New York studios, while volunteers accepted pledges over the phone. Together with the community,WLIB has raised over $1.3 million since working with St. Jude to support their efforts to fight back against cancer and diseases affecting our children. The station was also honored to have five-year-old Aniya, who was diagnosed at age three with pineoblastoma, a rare and dangerous brain tumor, visit the studios during the radio-thon. Aniya fought through, undergoing chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery, and is now cancer-free, enjoying school and playing with her friends.
“We are humbled to be able to support St. Jude Children’s Hospital each year,” states Deon Levingston, General Manager of Emmis NY/WLIB. “As a radio station, we have a unique ability to reach audiences in a different way, and to therefore expand St. Jude’s range beyond traditional fundraising methods. WLIB and all of Emmis New York support St. Jude’s efforts to find cures for the debilitating diseases that affect our youth. We hope the donations we raise each year will help advance that effort more efficiently, and we will soon be able to say we have found the cures we so desperately need.”
“The St. Jude Radio-thon is a staple event for WLIB, and we’re proud to be able to use our brand and world renowned personalities to help raise awareness in the battle against childhood cancers and diseases,” addsCynthia Smith, Music Director of WLIB. “This year alone, we were able to raise more than $119,000 for the cause. Now it’s time to gear up for our annual trip to St. Jude Children’s Hospital in October, where we’re able to interact with children and their families in a personal setting.”
For more information on how to donate to St. Jude Children’s Hospital, visitStJude.org. To see videos and photos from this year’s event, head toWLIB.com or click here. A special thanks to Papa John’s for their generous food donations for volunteers and staff.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- DL Hughley Stands by Biden and Harris While Highlighting Ice Cube’s Cynicism
- Daddy Yankee, Anuel Aa And Kendo Kaponi Reup International Smash “DON DON” With Remix Featuring Sisqó
- Ingrooves Signs Global Distribution Deal with Ubiquity Records