YouTube has partnered with global dance music superstars Major Lazer to debut a new docu-special entitled Chasing the Sound. Journey with Major Lazer to Ghana and Nigeria in their mission to make the world smaller by making the party bigger. The special follows the group as they collaborate with cutting-edge Afrobeats artists including Mr.Eazi, Efya, Teni, Sarkodie and Amaarae as they explore the culture and history of Africa.
The 30-minute special, directed by Austin Peters (More Than an Athlete, Give Me Future), and produced by RadicalMedia, TMWRK and Underground, explores how Afrobeats has broken borders to become a global phenomenon and how meaningful the sound has become to members of the African diaspora and listeners everywhere. Austin Peters also directed the 2016 documentary film, “Give Me Future” which is now available on YouTube, chronicling Major Lazer’s historic concert in downtown Havana, Cuba, marking the first performance from a major American artist since diplomatic ties with the U.S. were restored.
Most recently, Major Lazer unveiled their latest single “Oh My Gawd” with Mr Eazi featuring Nicki Minaj and K4mo, alongside a dance video— listen here and watch the video below:
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time