YouTube has partnered with global dance music superstars Major Lazer to debut a new docu-special entitled Chasing the Sound. Journey with Major Lazer to Ghana and Nigeria in their mission to make the world smaller by making the party bigger. The special follows the group as they collaborate with cutting-edge Afrobeats artists including Mr.Eazi, Efya, Teni, Sarkodie and Amaarae as they explore the culture and history of Africa.
The 30-minute special, directed by Austin Peters (More Than an Athlete, Give Me Future), and produced by RadicalMedia, TMWRK and Underground, explores how Afrobeats has broken borders to become a global phenomenon and how meaningful the sound has become to members of the African diaspora and listeners everywhere. Austin Peters also directed the 2016 documentary film, “Give Me Future” which is now available on YouTube, chronicling Major Lazer’s historic concert in downtown Havana, Cuba, marking the first performance from a major American artist since diplomatic ties with the U.S. were restored.
Most recently, Major Lazer unveiled their latest single “Oh My Gawd” with Mr Eazi featuring Nicki Minaj and K4mo, alongside a dance video— listen here and watch the video below:
- Urban One Honors 2022 Tonight
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- General Charles McGee, Who Helped Pioneer the all-Black Tuskegee Airmen has Died At 102.
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 57th Anniversary of Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case, Still Needs Further Exploration
- Radio PD Kris Kelly Found Dead, Industry Condolences
- 2 Florida Women Possibly Face Life in Prison After Alleged Glitter Assault
- LILBOOTYCALL DROPS 23 EP AND WILD “DO OR DIE” VIDEO FEAT. LIANA BANKS