NIGERIAN SUPERSTAR TEMS ANNOUNCES DEBUT EP “DAMAGES”
With a sound that is both sweetly intimate yet global in nature, Nigerian superstar singer, songwriter, and producer Tems today announces her debut EP For Broken Ears is set for release on September 25th. Following a similar pattern as her previous releases to date, the EP was primarily written and produced by Tems herself, with additional production by Oddio, Spax, and Omeiza.
In 2018, Tems (real name Temilade Openiyi) released her debut single “Mr Rebel.” A fusion of alternative R&B and neo-soul genres fused with traditional Nigerian sounds, the track instantly put Tems on the map as one of Nigeria’s most exciting musical voices. However, it was the release of 2019’s “Try Me” which saw the pioneering artist and Lagos Island native truly establish her trademark alternative R&B sound, bringing both global interest and a groundswell of excitement as a result. With over 3 million views on the video and applause from the likes of The FADER, Complex, Okayafrica and more, not to mention shooting the cover of Nigeria’s biggest cultural and tastemaker title Native Magazine earlier this year, Tems has gone on to collaborate with the likes of Khalid, Disclosure, Davido, Wizkid, DRB Lasgidi, and Odunsi (The Engine).
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show