NIGERIAN SUPERSTAR TEMS ANNOUNCES DEBUT EP “DAMAGES”
With a sound that is both sweetly intimate yet global in nature, Nigerian superstar singer, songwriter, and producer Tems today announces her debut EP For Broken Ears is set for release on September 25th. Following a similar pattern as her previous releases to date, the EP was primarily written and produced by Tems herself, with additional production by Oddio, Spax, and Omeiza.
In 2018, Tems (real name Temilade Openiyi) released her debut single “Mr Rebel.” A fusion of alternative R&B and neo-soul genres fused with traditional Nigerian sounds, the track instantly put Tems on the map as one of Nigeria's most exciting musical voices. However, it was the release of 2019's “Try Me” which saw the pioneering artist and Lagos Island native truly establish her trademark alternative R&B sound, bringing both global interest and a groundswell of excitement as a result. With over 3 million views on the video and applause from the likes of The FADER, Complex, Okayafrica and more, not to mention shooting the cover of Nigeria's biggest cultural and tastemaker title Native Magazine earlier this year, Tems has gone on to collaborate with the likes of Khalid, Disclosure, Davido, Wizkid, DRB Lasgidi, and Odunsi (The Engine).
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast