Radio Facts regrets to report that we have lost two industry vets this past week. Tyrone Peppers from Radio and Tammy Tisdell-Coleman from the record side. Tisdell was famous for breaking many artists during her career including the group Intro, D'Angelo, Ginuwine, Jon B. and Brownstone. She died after complications from hip replacement surgery. No word on what happened to Tyrone Peppers but many say they talked to him up to the day before his passing and all seemed well. Peppers was once the PD of the now defunct KGFJ in Los Angeles and was also known as Tyrone “Boogie” Nelson. We will keep you posted on services.
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- When Keeping it Racist Goes Wrong and Gets You Almost Knocked Out