Tag: South Carolina
“The Chubb Rock Show with SiMan Baby” to Debut Today on KISS 103.1 from 3pm-7pm EDTCOLUMBIA, SC, September 3, 2019 – CUMULUS MEDIA announces that KISS 103.1/WLXC-FM in Columbia, SC, will debut “The Chubb Rock Show with SiMan Baby” in afternoon drive today. “The Chubb Rock Show with SiMan Baby” is a four-hour daily radio program hosted by hip-hop icon and historian Chubb Rock and radio legend SiMan Baby. Playing a blend of Urban Adult Contemporary hits, the show features listener interaction, celebrity guests and more in a fun and upbeat format. “The Chubb Rock Show with SiMan Baby” will air on KISS 103.1 weekdays from 3pm-7pm EDT. Rick Prusator, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Columbia, said: “Chubb Rock has embraced the South, especially Columbia, and he belongs on KISS 103.1! Our city needs a new spark in the afternoon and KISS 103.1 is the station with the fire to make it happen.” Robyn Simone, Program Director, WLXC-FM, said: “Chubb Rock has the perfect star power KISS 103.1 listeners will love in afternoon drive. Not over the top, but just enough that our listeners will appreciate not only his legendary hip-hop status, but also his commitment to radio. Chubb Rock reminds us why we fell in love with radio in the first place - by entertaining, challenging those community issues, and bringing back the love for the music!“ Chubb Rock said: “I’ve been performing for my Columbia family since 1990 in clubs and other venues, including the military base. I couldn’t have imagined that I would have the honor to have Columbia ride with me every day on KISS 103.1. Let’s have fun every day, my family... Weez Here!!”
Naphtali Jimi Bruce asks the industry for help before EvictionGoFundMe page set up for $1000 need
PASTOR JOHN GRAY AND WIFE AVENTER GRAY RETURN WITH NEW EPISODES OF ‘THE BOOK OF JOHN GRAY’ - PREMIERING SATURDAY, APRIL 6 ON OWN
New Season Features Actress LeToya Luckett; an MMA Fighter Who Has Lost His Ability to Fight; A Mother Grieving the Loss of Her Son to Gun Violence; a Newly-Married Interracial Couple Experiencing Racism; and a Teenage Girl Experiencing Racism for the First Time at School
Photo Credit: Courtesy of OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
Los Angeles, CA – All new episodes of Leftfield Pictures’ “The Book of John Gray” featuring pastor John Gray (senior pastor of Relentless Church in Greenville, South Carolina while also serving as an associate teaching pastor at Joel Osteen’s world-famous Lakewood Church) and his wife Aventer premiering Saturday, April 6 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Pastors John and Aventer Gray are back, preaching and ministering to anyone and everyone who may be in need of hope and grace, strength and healing. As they come to terms with their own struggles in their marriage and John’s health, we see that their imperfections may also be the source of their wisdom.
- John helps a fourteen-year-old girl experiencing racism for the first time at school and meets a woman who runs a popular style blog, but secretly hides her personal insecurities. John and Aventer seek advice on how to build their team for Greenville.
- Aventer meets with close friend LeToya Luckett of Destiny’s Child, who just got back from her honeymoon and has a glow about her.
- John helps former fashion stylist reclaim her life after losing her legs in a devastating car accident. Married couple DJ & Stacey reach out to John when their new business causes distrust and miscommunication in their marriage.
- John works with a young boy who is acting out after the death of his father figure, and helps an MMA fighter find new purpose after he loses his ability to fight. Aventer wonders if she has what it takes to be the First Lady of their new church.
- Tyeesha is having a hard time dealing with the loss of her oldest son to gun violence, all while trying to raise her three other children, as well as her deceased son’s newborn. Both she and Tyson are concerned that Snooty may be headed down the wrong path as he struggles to deal with his brother’s passing, and John kicks it into gear to try to help heal not only a mother’s heart, but also to give her advice on how to heal her son’s.
While they continue to work for one of the largest churches in America, they are also wrapping up their life in Houston and preparing to follow John’s new calling to take over as the senior pastor at a megachurch in Greenville, South Carolina. As John tries to deal with the pressure to build a new team quickly, Aventer deals with the anxiety of having to move her family yet again, and even greater fears about whether or not she is ready to take on the role of first lady and pastor of a church.
John and Aventer attempt to deal with issues ranging from bullying, racism, infidelity and illness to sexual assault, unplanned pregnancy, incarceration, grief and more, both John and Aventer share God's teachings and reveal the complexities of their personal journey like no one else -- with courage, commitment, and a much-needed sense of humor.
Their road may be rocky, but no matter where they are, John and Aventer are always willing to fight the good fight, and their greatest priorities remain love for their church family, their children, and each other.“The Book of John Gray” is produced for OWN by Leftfield Pictures, with Gretchen Palek, Shawn Witt, Jordana Hochman and showrunner Rob Cornick as executive producers, alongside Jason Kennedy and Rich Wilkerson, Jr. as consulting producers.