Radio Facts: Unique party experience has goal to raise funds for Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend For Young Men
(Atlanta, GA) The Steve Harvey Foundation is partnering with Ford Motor Company to present the Freedom Friday party on October 16 at the AmericasMart in downtown Atlanta at 9 p.m. Music, dancing and fun will take center stage at the event with a live performance by the “World’s Greatest Entertainer” Doug E. Fresh and a spectacular gaming lounge. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at www.steveharveyfoundation.com
Steve Harvey will host the star-studded event, designed to show appreciation to the Steve Harvey Morning show listeners for their support and continued dedication, while simultaneously raising funds for the 2010 Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men Program.
“We are extremely excited about teaming up with Steve Harvey and The Steve Harvey Foundation for an event that is geared toward empowering young men,” said Crystal Worthem, Multicultural Marketing Manager, Ford Motor Company. By taking part in this event we are able to continue in our efforts to empower and educate our youth within the community while simultaneously teaming up with an organization who shares our vision for giving back.
The Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men is a 4 day, 3 night program designed to expose young men to manhood responsibilities involving education, employment and social skills. One hundred young men, ages 13-18, from around the country, will be pre-selected to travel to Dallas, TX with a parent or guardian for a weekend of mentoring. The nominee must be a young man from a single female head of household who is enrolled as a student in grades 8-11 as of the date of submission as well as a legal resident of the 48 contiguous United States of Washington, DC. The program made its debut in 2009.
“We are inviting all of Atlanta to join me and Ford Motor Company for this “party with a purpose” on Friday, October 16. Our mentoring program for young men is designed to give boys the blue print to manhood and to open their minds to enable to them to envision and one day realize their dreams. By attending this event the Atlanta community will have the opportunity to have a part in helping us help these young men,“ said Harvey, author, actor, comedian and radio show host.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Sen. Hillman T. Frazier to keynote 143rd Founders’ Day at JSU