Today, after more than thirty years on the airwaves, New York’s current and #1 midday radio personality, Shaila Scott, is parting ways with Mediaco Holding Inc.’s station, WBLS.
“Sadly, Mediaco decided not to renew my contract and advised me that “the station is going in a different direction,” Scott stated. She continued.
“As a native New Yorker, it has been a pleasure to be your radio relative, and I am humbled to have been rewarded with consecutive #1 rankings in the 12 and over, 18-49, and 25-54 age demographics. Thank You for trusting me to deliver content that touched and concerned our communities.”
Scott who got her start at WBLK in Buffalo, NY while in college went on to say…
“My objective was to use the power of that microphone to speak into the spirit of the village that raised me. Thank You! for allowing me to do that for 3 decades. I appreciate every one of you that made this epic journey possible. Thanks to my legendary radio family for being a source of inspiration, my beautiful children for sharing me with millions and never complaining & Thank God for giving me the strength to endure it all. Although this is the end of my journey with WBLS, it is, of course not the end of OUR journey. Stay Tuned!”
Shaila New York’s Sweetheart.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die