The Rickey Smiley Morning Show discussed how Bobby Brown learned of Whitney Houston’s drug use. During his A&E interview, Brown opened up about his marriage to Houston. He said she was the love of his life. They met backstage at the Soul Train music awards in 1989.
“Me and Whitney’s sex life was pretty intense. It didn’t matter where we were. It was about a certain look, and she looked at me a certain way. It was on and popping,” said Brown.
Brown said there was something special about Houston’s eyes that made him melt on the inside. The way she looked at him when they were together was always special.
Brown said he found out about the late singer’s problems with drugs on their wedding day on July 18th, 1992.
“I walked in, and I saw her doing a line of coke. It was a shocker to me to see her sniff a line for the first time. I think that’s when I realized we had more in common than I thought,” said Brown.
Brown said he was new to cocaine use, and Houston had been indulging in the drug for a while. Brown also discussed Houston’s relationship with former assistant and former lover Robyn Crawford.
“I didn’t know Whitney’s relationship was more than just friends until later on in our marriage. I think our marriage was growing, and there was no room for a third person in our marriage,” said Brown.
Brown regrets Crawford’s exit from Houston’s life, saying she was a good friend to the singer, and he wishes she was still a part of the actress’ life at the end.
Brown said drugs led to his divorce from Whitney.
“We always felt our love was strong enough to overcome any obstacles, but that was put in front of us, and we would still be together if it weren’t for drugs. Drugs just got the best of us,” said Brown.
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Mother of 6 Young Girls Murdered by Finance (video)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die