On VOD 10/20 – Link Avail | Death Penalty Doc THE STATE OF TEXAS VS. MELISSA, Directed by Sabrina Van Tassel
THE STATE OF TEXAS VS. MELISSA explores the life journey of Melissa Lucio, the first Hispanic woman to be sentenced to death in the state of Texas. For over ten years she has been awaiting her fate, and now faces her last appeal. No one had ever seen Melissa be violent towards her children, yet she was blamed for the daily abuse and subsequent death of her two-year-old daughter, who died from blunt head trauma. Set in the heart of the Latino community of South Texas, the film takes a look at Melissa’s broken childhood, her adult life plagued by poverty and prejudice, and the miscarriage of justice Melissa faced, from the court appointed attorney who willingly set aside evidence, to the District attorney who used her case to help his re-election. THE STATE OF TEXAS VS. MELISSA is the portrait of a woman’s fight against an entire system.
Official Selection of the 2020 Tribeca Film Festival.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- Candace Owens: 50 Cent Says He’s Voting for Donald Trump, Black People Feel “Betrayed”
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam
- MLK Speaks: A Conversation with America three-hour special airs October 26 on MPT and WEAA-FM