Radio Facts: GRACE JONES: BLOODLIGHT AND BAMI, a new documentary that takes audiences on an electrifying journey through the public and private worlds of pop culture mega-icon Grace Jones.
A larger-than-life entertainer, an androgynous glam-pop diva, an unpredictable media presence––Grace Jones is all these things and more. Sophie Fiennes’s documentary goes beyond the traditional music biography, offering a portrait as stylish and unconventional as its subject. Taking us home to Jamaica,the studio with long-time collaborators Sly & Robbie, and behind-the-scenes at shows all around the world, the film reveals Jones as lover, daughter, mother, and businesswoman. But the stage is the fixed point to which the film returns, with eye-popping performances of “Slave to the Rhythm,” “Pull Up to the Bumper,” “Love is the Drug,” and more. Jones herself has said watching the film “will be like seeing me almost naked” and, indeed, Fiennes’s treatment is every bit as genre-bending as its subject, untamed by neither age nor life itself.
GRACE JONES: BLOODLIGHT AND BAMI premiered at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival and will open April 13 in New York and April 20 in Los Angeles with a theatrical national rollout to follow. GRACE JONES: BLOODLIGHT AND BAMI is a Kino Lorber release.
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Chris Botti Returns to Charlotte To Headline Queen City Jazz Fest
- Host Opportunity for Quiet Storm Type Syndicated Show