Radio Facts: Shane Bingaman, a disc Radio DJey at Griff's Land ing in downtown Frederick , suffered a stroke last weekend.
He is 21 years old. Better known as “DJ Shane,” Bingaman will be out of work for three months. A heart condition led to a blood clot that caused the stroke, said Jenn Smith, manager of Griff's. Bingaman fell when he had the stroke and cracked two vertebrae in his neck. He will have to wear a brace for two months. Bingaman has no health insurance. To assist him with his medical expenses, Griff's will hold an event Sunday night called “That's My DJ.”
“My hope in this was to see what kind of help we can get from the community,” Smith said. The event will include music from DJ Tipsy. T-shirts and raffle tickets for gift cards donated by local businesses will be sold, Smith said. A $5 cover charge will go directly toward Bingaman's medical expenses. Additionally, Bingaman will receive 25 percent of Griff's income from the event. “We're trying to help with whatever we can,” Smith said. “I know we can't make it all better, but we're trying.”
The Frederick News-Post Online – Frederick County Maryland Daily Newspaper.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Candace Owens: 50 Cent Says He’s Voting for Donald Trump, Black People Feel “Betrayed”
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam