Radio Facts: Kevin Hart Invests in Premium Men's Underwear Brand, Tommy John
Comedian/Actor turned business mogul launches new business venture with disruptive men's underwear company
Kevin Hart invests in premium men's underwear company, Tommy John. Tommy John Kevin Hart invests in premium men's underwear company, Tommy John.
Today, Tommy John announced Kevin Hart's recent investment in the premium men's underwear brand. Originally launched in 2008, Tommy John is the company committed to solving the real problems and discomfort men face with their undergarments through the innovative fabric, fit and functionality of their designs.
“I wanted to be something more than just another celebrity endorser,” said Hart. “There's something so much more authentic about investing in the brands that you love – brands that you wear, instead of getting paid to. I love this underwear. It's comfortable, it looks good, they say it like it is. Tommy John is disrupting, innovating and marketing underwear in a far more genuine and relatable way than the world has ever seen. I'm excited to be given the opportunity to get involved.”
Tom Patterson launched Tommy John after long being frustrated by the lack of innovation in men's undergarments. The company has grown 2.5 times year over year since 2014 and is expected to exceed $100M in sales by 2018. Tommy John has been profitable since launch.
“Since conception, it's been Tommy John's mission to partner with men of substance to end the epidemic of male discomfort,” said Patterson. “Kevin Hart is truly a man of substance. His passion, drive and journey to success has been nothing short of inspiring. We weren't looking for investors or a celebrity endorsement, but Kevin's passion, support and eagerness to spread awareness and grow the brand was well in line with Tommy John's values. We're humbled and honored that he's so dedicated to the brand that he's willing to leverage his success and personal platform to do so.”
Along with Hart's undisclosed investment, Tommy John will launch an edited collection with the actor pairing his authentic style with Tommy John's premium product offering. The collection is expected to be available Fall 2017.
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Undeniable 7 Best Black Male Singers of All Time