An interracial couple came under fire when an apparent White wife escorted her seemingly Black husband into their wedding reception on a dog leash. The controversial wedding clip landed the couple in the cyber kennel.
“The Alexander Wedding” reads the heading of the viral video, which has amassed over 254,000 TikTok views. The footage, shared by @Tenneggee, is also accentuated with the hashtag #walkthedog.
The TikToker informed The Post that on April 2, the couple, Trizzy Tra and Markenzie Alexander, hosted their unconventional wedding in Gallatin, Tennessee.
The footage shows the newlyweds making their grand entrance into a small celebration hall to George Clinton’s 1982 party track “Atomic Dog.”
The harnessed groom gets down on all fours and begins crawling like a canine, as they make their way into the center of the cheering crowd.
The groom sits back on his rear and sticks out his tongue, imitating a panting dog in heat. Then, getting back into a pup’s position, on his hand and knees, the man puts his face into his new bride’s pelvic region and mimes urinating on her leg.
The pair’s puzzling show causes online audiences to bark with fury.
“SMDH … set us back 100 years,” howled one commenter, the couple’s questionable stunt was compared to the unsettling image of white plantation owners dragging chained African Americans around by iron leashes during slavery. “I find this very offensive, in every way,” yelped another.
“Not one person there had nothing to say about this bs?” exclaimed another cross critic. “Everyone just happy and clapping along … Ain’t no way!!”
One person compared it to Jordan Peele’s award-winning film “Get Out,” which is centered around an interracial relationship that takes a horrific turn.
“This giving me the movie GET OUT vibes smh,” the commenter wrote.
Because the cringeworthy performance was done in front of children, some views shamed the couple.
@tenneggee Alexander Wedding Reception #viralvideo #foryou #atomicdog #walkthedog #xyzbca #fypシ #fyp #wedding #reception ♬ Atomic Dog World Tour Remix – George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic & Anderson .Paak & Mary J. Blige
“There’s children there smh. I’m mad at everyone,” wrote an outraged reviewer, emphasizing her disdain with several fiery-red furious emojis. “This would have been the PERFECT time to say, ‘no children at the reception,’” another agreed.
A small group of internet fans supported the spouse.
“Not yall offended about what this couple wanted to do for THEIR wedding,” rebuked a cyber supporter. “I’m sure it was his idea just as much it was hers.”
The couple has yet to comment on their reception chaos.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Some People Were “Idiots” For Getting Kicked out of Beyoncé’s Secret Album Release Party (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Nearly A Dozen Homes Deemed Uninhabitable After a Fiery Explosion Rocks Indiana Town, Killing 3