Radio One Inc., the largest radio broadcasting company targeting African-American and urban listeners, is busy building audience through another platform “” the Internet.
The company has quietly begun relaunching websites at its 53 radio stations. It recently relaunched all of its sites in the Washington D.C. market, including KYSDC.com, MyMajicDC.com, praisedc.com, myspiritdc.com and woldcnews.com. Relaunches in other Radio One markets are to follow.
It's all a part of Radio One's desire to develop additional revenue streams. Local radio stations of every type have been hit hard by the recession. Sales from automotive advertising “” a staple of radio ad sales “” is near historic lows in some markets, and other advertisers have shifted advertising away from radio and onto the Web. By relaunching its web sites, Radio One expects to be in better position to generate more revenue from Internet sales.
The strategy makes sense. The company has stations in key urban areas such as Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Cleveland , Dallas, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. With the network of stations Radio One will be able to offer major advertisers large, national campaigns featuring both the Web and the radio stations. That could give the company an advantage over some sites that lack the promotional power of a radio partner.
In addition to the 53 stations, Radio One owns Giant Magazine a financial stake in TV One, and a majority stake in Reach Media, Inc., home of the Tom Joyner Morning Show (TJMS) and
Radio One Looks To The Internet To Boost Revenues | Black Web 2.0.
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time