Radio Facts: MVD Visual and Focus Media Entertainment are pleased to announce the home viewing release of Kill The Record Labels for worldwide distribution on DVD.
This documentary film directed by Charles Rand & T.Thomas features some of the hottest artists in hip hop music music expressing their views regarding the state of the industry. For decades, hip hop music was under the control of the record companies and corporations, but eventually artists adapted the labelsâ„¢ formula and began strategically promoting and marketing their own music. This evolution has created a major conflict within the industry.
“Hip Hop music has become the voice of the Black community, says Rand . Å“Artists like 50 Cent and Bun B make music about real life situations that happen in their neighborhoods. Generally, artists don't make music about what goes on inside the music business. I made this film to give DJs, artist, and producers a voice. A great documentary is informative and entertaining. I spent alot of time and energy to make sure the audience walks away from this film with a better understand ing of issues that affect hip hop music culture and music.” This film includes commentary and insight from 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Chamillionaire, Bun B, Maino, DJ Drama, Young Buck, Juelz Santana, Green Lantern, Lil Scrappy, Jim Jones, Red Cafe, Mike Jones, DJ Vlad, Kid Capri, and more.
The record companies, in conjunction with the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), have declared war on these artists. Offices have been raided, mom & pop shops have been closed, and many people have been arrested.
Å“This riveting film shines a bright light on the dark side of Hip Hop.
“Larry Epstein, Film Look Magazine
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)