Radio Facts: Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S., welcomes back Chris Oliviero as Senior Vice President and Market Manager for Entercom New York, effective June 1. In this role, he will oversee Entercom’s leading portfolio of New York stations, including 1010 WINS (WINS-AM), ALT 92.3 (WNYL-FM), NEW 102.7 (WNEW-FM), WCBS 880 (WCBS-AM), WFAN 101.9 FM/660 AM (WFAN-AM/FM), WCBS-FM 101.1 (WCBS-FM) and New York’s Country 94.7 (WNSH-FM).
“Chris is an exceptional leader with proven success developing talent, growing many of our leading brands and building a thriving culture,” said Susan Larkin, Chief Operating Officer, Entercom. “We’re thrilled to welcome him back to take the helm of his hometown where his energy, passion and drive will help further raise the bar of excellence in the top media market in the country.”
“Radio in New York is an incredibly special place, so to have the chance to return to a collection of the most iconic and influential brands on the dial is humbling,” said Oliviero. “Our stations are in many ways the soundtrack of the city. I am confident that along with all my Entercom New York colleagues we will add to this legacy. I can’t wait to reconnect with so many old friends and of course meet new ones as well.”
Oliviero is an experienced and well-respected media executive specializing in driving business growth through innovative content and distribution strategies. He most recently served as an independent strategic advisor to an assortment of media clients, and was previously Executive Vice President of Programming at Entercom, where he led content development and strategy for the company’s portfolio of news, sports and talk brands. Oliviero was an integral member of the senior management team that led the company’s 2017 merger with CBS Radio. Prior to the merger in 2017, Oliviero spent 22 years at CBS Radio, including as Executive Vice President of Programming, overseeing the organization’s 117 music and talk stations in 26 markets. Over the course of his career, he has been recognized for his many accomplishments and has been named to Billboard’s “40 Under 40” and “The Power 100” lists. He also served as an original member of the Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment Advisory Board at the Barclays Center from 2014 to 2019 and currently serves on the nominating committee of the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago. Oliviero earned a Bachelor of Science degree in communications from New York University.
Oliviero succeeds Susan Larkin, who recently assumed the role of Chief Operating Officer for the company.
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Award Winning Documentary “Push” Directed by Fredrik Gertten Opens in The Us This Friday – On Sept 25 Across The Nation in Virtual Cinema
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief's Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- UNOTHEACTIVIST DROPS MUSIC VIDEO FOR “AYE YAI YAI”
- Gotta Love Alpha Kappa Alpha! They Do it Again and Raise $1 Million in Support of HBCUs
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- OnNow.tv Partners with Ticketing and Event Platform Tixr
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Terry Curtin Joins Solstice as EVP Communications