So we have no problem with the idea of removing the all-encompassing “Urban” from the industry AND simply REPLACING it with what it is and who we are … “BLACK.”
This is our choice as a black-owned company. We have removed 3234 references to Urban on the site and replaced the term with “Black.” We agree that Urban is vague and not really descriptive of the Black experience and while there is no question that several industry companies are moving AWAY from Black references by eliminating the term (which is actually an insult over a compliment) we are moving closer to it.
Black is not only symbolic of Strength, Beauty, Power, Creativity, Resilience, and Countless Inventions and Contributions … Black is absolutely still Beautiful. We have no problem saying the word BLACK and we hope the industry sees the benefit of our change and follows suit … but we won’t hold our breath (lol).
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- It Has Come to this: Bulletproof Backpacks to Protect Children in Chicago Have Arrived
- SINGER, SONGWRITER, PRODUCER, AND YOUTUBE SENSATION DEVVON TERRELL RELEASES “YOU TRIPPIN” (video)
- Rae Carruth’s Son Chancellor is 20. Grandmother Takes him to London (video)
- DADDY YANKEE RELEASES NEW SINGLE AND VIDEO “DON DON” WITH ANUEL AA AND KENDO KAPONI