Hughley and fellow comedy icons usher in a new era of comedy with debut show on CEEK VR streaming platform
Comedy’s biggest names come together for a first-of-its-kind, livestream virtual comedy event, “CEEK VR presents The Laugh Experience.” The virtual comedy club opens with a star-studded lineup including D.L Hughley and Chris Spencer, and will be livestreamed online and in virtual reality (VR) on Friday, May 1 at 9:00 p.m. EDT exclusively on CEEK.com and on the CEEK VR app (available in the App Store and Google Play). To tune in for the livestream, visit CEEK.com to register for an account.
“Livestreaming on CEEK is a game-changing way to share comedy with the world,” Hughley said. “At a time when people are stuck inside and trying to cope with the unknown, laughter is needed now more than ever. I’m excited to work with CEEK VR and share ‘The Laugh Experience’ with everyone. Virtual comedy clubs are the future of entertainment.”
Hughley, an original ‘King of Comedy,’ political commentator and syndicated radio show host, will headline the evening of punchy and piquant humor from an all-star comedy line-up featuring “Real Husbands of Hollywood” and BET Awards head writer Chris Spencer and comedians Bo Dacious and Ryan Davis.
CEEK VR’s award-winning, digital streaming platform boasts virtual concerts from the likes of music megastars Katy Perry, Quavo Huncho, Snoop Dogg and Lady Gaga, along with celebrity athletes and influencers for its immersive technology and streamlined content monetization solution. The platform features a diverse library of experiences including exclusive 360VR videos and live concerts.
“We are honored to have these world class icons sharing exclusive entertainment experiences on the CEEK platform, especially during this time of social distancing and beyond,” CEEK VR CEO and Founder Mary Spio said. “CEEK’s mission of bringing artists closer to their fans virtually is more important now than ever. We’re excited to play our part in helping people connect through great entertainment experiences while staying safe at home.”
A portion of the show’s online admission cost will be donated to Entertainment Industry Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund for affected members of the entertainment industry.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- Statement from Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange on the appointment of Shira Perlmutter to Register of Copyrights
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations