CBS RADIO COMPLETES DEAL TO SWAP MORE THAN A DOZEN MID-SIZE MARKET STATIONS FOR FIVE LARGE MARKET STATIONS WITH BEASLEY BROADCAST GROUP
CBS RADIO today announced it has completed its deal with Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc. to swap 13 mid-size market radio stations in Tampa and Charlotte as well as WIP-AM in Philadelphia for five large market stations in Philadelphia and Miami, moving forward in its strategy to grow the division’s major market presence.
In the trade, CBS RADIO has acquired Philadelphia stations WRDW-FM and WXTU-FM, and Miami stations WKIS-FM, WPOW-FM and WQAM-AM. Beasley has obtained WIP-AM in Philadelphia; WHFS-AM, WHFS-FM, WLLD-FM, WQYK-FM, WRBQ-FM, and WYUU-FM in Tampa; and WBAV-FM, WBCN-AM, WFNZ-AM, WKQC-FM, WNKS-FM, WPEG-FM and WSOC-FM in Charlotte.
This marks the first time CBS RADIO will operate stations in Miami, where CBS already owns two television stations. The Company operates duopolies in 15 markets nationwide, including 11 of the top 15 radio markets.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Odell Beckham Jr. Responds To Rumored Bedroom Activities
- Hit-Boy & Wale Respond To Kanye West’s Universal Music Group Contract Rant
- Ray J Explains Why He Decided To File For Divorce
- 50 Cent Working On New Series Based On His Beef w/ The Game & Jimmy Henchman
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)