First “they” were upset about a damn Cheerios commercial that featured an interracial couple and now Coke has pissed “them” off. Why is this even a controversy? That was a rhetorical question. Apparently this Coke commercial caused an uproar because the song “America the Beautiful” wasn't so “American” anymore in the eyes of many. The hashtag #BoycottCoke was actually trending for quite sometime during the Super Bowl after the ad was shown.Before you think it was just a few backwards thinking rednecks that were upset…uuum well, that was only a small percentage of those complaining.Former Republican Congressman Allen West wrote a blog post saying, “If we cannot be proud enough as a country to sing “American the Beautiful” in English in a commercial during the Super Bowl, by a company as American as they come — doggone we are on the road to perdition.”That was only the beginning – conservative columnist and Fox News Radio host Todd Starnes tweeted his question of the day regarding the ad, writing, “So was Coca-Cola saying America is beautiful because new immigrants don't learn to speak English?”The love fest didn't stop there. It went on and on and on. Just one question, “Is America a melting pot or do we just say that because it sounds good?
- 10 Smash Hip Hop and R&B Songs from the 90s That Still Keep The Party Going
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Atlanta Pastor Stabbed To Death By A Man She Was Mentoring
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Christian Cooper, Black Man Harassed in Central Park for Birdwatching, Gets New TV Show
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 2 Dead, 8 Injured During Chicago Mass Shooting Near Loyola University
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?