In his TEDxSaintThomas talk entitled, “How Learning to Live in the Now Changed My Life”, Buttahman will take us through his disappointments and their associated lessons learned. How can your awareness of the NOW help you navigate your life? Darren “Buttahman” Brin Became one of entertainment's “movers and shakers” after leaving his birth place of St. Thomas, USVI. After graduating from Morgan State University, he took an internship at the local radio station WERQ and worked his way to the top receiving his name “Buttahman” due to his over usage of the word “Buttah” to describe everything when on the radio.
His career has spanned from MTV Jams, to hosting the first nationally televised hip hop music game show “Hoodfab,” to Director for Music & Development at BET Networks and now to comedy. Buttahman has performed in such notable comedy clubs as The Comedy Store, Inside Jokes, and Comedy Union and has made comedic appearances on a variety for radio, internet, and TV programs. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- 50 CENT SAYS HE VOTING FOR DONALD TRUMP! BLACK PEOPLE FEEL “BETRAYED”.
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam