AUDACY LAUNCHES FM SIMULCAST FOR KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Audacy today announced the launch of KNX News 97.1 FM in Los Angeles. Beginning at 3:00 p.m. PT on December 6, the station will serve as an FM simulcast of KNX 1070 Newsradio (KNX-AM), Southern California’s only 24-hour local news and traffic station.
“For over 100 years, KNX has been the station Southern California has depended on for breaking news, important events and life changing moments,” said Jeff Federman, Regional President, Audacy. “With spoken word audio consumption at an all-time high, this move allows us to significantly upgrade the existing KNX brand and create a news destination for a new generation. KNX is a powerful and trusted brand in this market, and we look forward to delivering the same award-winning content on crystal-clear FM radio.”
The launch underscores Audacy’s commitment to its local news brands, reflective via a multiplatform transformation announced earlier this year. The station will launch with a two-minute tribute to some of the station’s biggest headlines over the last 100 years, while previewing the next chapter of its history.
The 97.1 FM signal was previously home to 97.1 NOW (KNOU-FM).
Listeners can tune in to KNX News 97.1 FM in Southern California on air, as well as nationwide on the Audacy app and website. Fans can also connect with the station on social media via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Audacy is the No.1 local news platform in the country, operating more than two dozen news stations across the U.S. Its award-winning news portfolio reaches over 16-million listeners monthly via broadcast, digital and connected devices and delivers the highest weekly reach of all-news listeners in 26 markets nationwide. Audacy’s news brands are honored year after year with major awards from the RTNDA and the NAB.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sexual Contact … but Work (video)