• Song Consumption for 2017 YTD was up 29.5% over 2016 YTD (1.5 billion song project units in 2017 YTD vs. 1.2 billion song project units in 2016 YTD).
• Audio streams reached 179.8 billion, up 58.5% over 2016 YTD.
• Overall album sales were down 13.9% compared to 2016 YTD (74.0 million in 2017 YTD vs. 86.0 million in 2016 YTD).
• Digital album sales in 2017 YTD were down 24.3% over the previous year (34.5 million in 2017 YTD vs. 45.6 million in 2016 YTD). Digital album sales accounted for 46.6% of all album sales in 2017 YTD, down from 53.0% over 2016 YTD.
• Song sales (downloads) in 2017 YTD were down 23.8% compared to 2016 YTD (313.3 million in 2017 YTD vs. 410.9 million in 2016 YTD).
• In 2016, total on-demand streams never broke 10 billion for one week. During the first half of 2017, the average number of total on-demand streams per week is 10.8 billion with the highest streaming week being the week of 4/21/17 with 11.8 billion streams.
• The artist with the most streams during the first six months of the year was Drake with 3.7 billion streams and the song with the most streams for the first half of 2017 was Bad and Boujeeby by Migos with 711.3 streams.
• The most streamed album during the first half of the year was More Life by Drake with 1.8 billion streams.
• The biggest week for vinyl album sales in 2017 so far was the week of April 21st, the same week as Record Store Day with more than 224,000 vinyl albums sold.
• The biggest selling cassette album in 2017 so far is Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 with 3,934 sales. The top 3 selling cassette albums for the first six months are all Guardians of the Galaxy album mixes.