Radio Facts: I was reading over Clear Channel’s Premium Choice concept over the last couple of days before I gave my opinion… For the most part, I’m impressed. I really like the local initiaitves to host more PSAs, community involvement and rewarding local, lesser known Radio DJs reward initiatives for bringing results. As you know, I am a local DJistorian (OK, I made up that word) and I’m pretty much against syndication (until I get offered my own show at which point I will be all for it). Even more impressive is the company’s commitment to local artists and playing their music and having local boards in every market. Moreover their commitment and understand ing of the importance of online promotion and audience are impressive. Did they finally get some youth on the boards over there?
The push on Ryan Seacrest and Steve Harvey could have been left out of the presentation, as if they need any more of a push but overall, I approve…. Will Radio One follow?
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Chartmetric Partners with Sirius XM/Pandora on Music Analytics
- Sony/ATV Signs Brad Cox to Global Deal
- Is Wendy Williams OK? (video)