Newly created role will focus on leading Radio Division; Rick Cummings to lead Programming and PPM Strategy
INDIANAPOLIS, Dec. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Emmis Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: EMMS) today announced that Patrick Walsh, EVP/Chief Financial Officer, has added the responsibility of Chief Operating Officer to his role and will now oversee all domestic radio. Rick Cummings, president of the radio division since 2002, will remain with Emmis and focus once again on his passion as President of Programming for Emmis Radio.
Walsh, 41, will continue to serve as Chief Financial Officer, a title he has held since September 2006. He was also appointed to Emmis' Board of Directors.
“Competing in today's radio environment requires fresh perspectives,” Jeff Smulyan, Emmis Chairman and CEO said. “Pat will bring to our radio division what he's learned about Emmis as CFO, but also his experience as an executive and consultant building growth businesses. Working with Rick Cummings and our managers, I'm confident Pat can provide the leadership necessary for Emmis to lead radio's rebound.”
“I look forward to working with Rick and our talented team to position Emmis Radio to be successful,” Walsh said. “I firmly believe Emmis Radio will be central to radio's successful reinvention. These are challenging times for traditional media, but Emmis' leading large-market brand s matter in the lives of millions of listeners and countless advertisers. I plan to work closely with our teams to find creative ways to develop and monetize our brand s in a multiplatform universe.”
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About Unemployment Scam
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- Need a Laugh? See What Happens When He Tells His Mom He is in Jail
- UNSUNG REVIEW Entire Episode: The Sylvers (video)