Executive Vice President of East Coast Labels, Urban
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), the global catalog and special markets division at Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment, appointed Katina Bynum to the newly created position of Executive Vice President of East Coast Labels, Urban.
In this newly created role, Bynum will work closely with UMe’s senior management team and the senior leadership at Republic, Island and Def Jam to develop strategic initiatives across the labels’ urban music roster. Additionally, she will support Cash Money and the label’s artist roster. Bynum will be based in New York and report to Bruce Resnikoff, President & CEO of UMe.
In making the announcement, Resnikoff said, “At UMe, we are committed to artists and their rich musical history. Our goal is to develop and foster relationships that allow us to work in synch with their vision as we continue to innovate and strategically lead the industry into the future ways to consume music. Katina’s expertise, talent, long-term relationships with artists and managers, and innovative spirit will be key to collaborating with our labels and artists to deliver music, merchandise and new fan experiences.”
“This role gives me an opportunity to work with artists that I’ve known for years, as well as build relationships with some of my musical heroes to help introduce their amazing legacies to new audiences,” Bynum said. “I’m looking forward to working closely with Bruce and the incredible UMe team. There are no limits to the possibilities we can accomplish for music fans.”
Prior to joining UMe, Bynum was Senior Vice President, Marketing at Cash Money/Young Money/Republic Records. During more than 20 years at the company, she has worked closely with artists including Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Nelly, Birdman and Juvenile, from their initial signing and early development to their evolution into the global superstars of today. She also worked in developing new hitmakers including Jacquees, Blueface and Kiana Lede’.
Prior to joining Universal in 1996, Bynum was the Theatre Manager of the Apollo Theatre in New York City, where she began her career in 1993.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,