Two Texas men were indicted in the deaths of 53 migrants found in a hot truck, officials said. On Wednesday, a federal grand jury indicted the two men on charges related to the smuggling operation that killed 53 migrants in San Antonio last month.
Homero Zamorano, the truck’s driver, and Christian Martinez, the operation planner, if convicted, each Texas native could face life sentences or even the death penalty for transporting and conspiring to transport migrants illegally, resulting in death.
The men were also indicted on charges of transporting and conspiring to transport migrants illegally, resulting in serious injury.
The massive deaths resulting from the terrible conditions in the truck, and the sweltering heat, were the deadliest migrant smuggling operation crossing the US border from Mexico.
Zamorano, 46, and Martinez, 28, are held in federal custody without bail.
Last month Zamorano was located near where the truck was discovered, in a field, and he was arrested.
The charges could result in life sentences for the men, or the Attorney General’s Office could allow prosecutors to seek the death penalty instead.
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Mother of 6 Young Girls Murdered by Finance (video)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die