Rashan Ali‘s unique perspective and knowledge of sports has allowed her to rapidly establish herself as a formidable and credible source in collegiate and professional sports. Ali functioned as a Sports Reporter while at HOT 107.9 FM in Atlanta and was invited to become a sideline reporter for the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks, which she did for four years. In 2009, Ali joined an elite group when she became one of few African American women providing sports commentary on a national scale as a reporter for the Chic-Fil-A Bowl Preview Show, which aired on espn 2 and espn U. She continued to make her mark in the sports industry as the Social Media Correspondent during the 2010 & 2011 NBA Playoffs on NBA TV’s NBA Gametime Live, where she worked with respected analysts like Eric Snow and Chris Webber.Most recently, Ali has been active on the HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) football Classic circuit providing live reporting from the inaugural Nation’s Classic, which featured Howard University vs. Morehouse College in Washington, DC and the Atlanta Football Classic, which featured Southern University against her alma mater Florida A&M University. She was also a sideline reporter for Southern Conference Football during the 2011-2012 season.
“Covering college football on a major network is such an honor! I have always loved the essence of college football so to be on the sideline in this capacity is truly a dream come true,” said Ali. “There are some great teams being featured on the network that I’ve continued to follow over the years, so having the opportunity to work with their coaching staffs and players is monumental.”
In addition to her career as a sports commentator, Ali is also the host of the “Streetz Morning Grind” radio show on Streetz 94.5 FM in Atlanta, where she will continue to be featured weekdays from 6 am – 10 am. She will also continue her work with Sporty Girls, Inc., an Atlanta-based non-profit organization founded by Ali that exposes girls ages 8 – 18 to non-traditional sports like golf, soccer, tennis and swimming to help them improve social skills and academic performance while increasing their chances for collegiate scholarships.
Rashan Ali‘s first game will be on August 31 in Huntington,WV when the Miami University Red Hawks take on the Marshall University Buffalo. The complete schedule of games that will feature Ali is as follows:
8/31Miami (OH) @ Marshall 9/6UCF @ FIU 10/5Lehigh @ Fordham10/12SJSU @ Colorado State
North Texas @ La Tech
- Inductees Announced For The Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame June 2022 Induction
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions if Keyshia Cole’s Relationship with Antonio Brown is Doomed (Video)
- Podcast Advertising Effectiveness is Soaring
- NAB Launches “The Best of NAB Show Amplified”
- White Supremacist Opens Fire at Supermarket: Here are the Names of the Buffalo Massacre Victims
- Radio One Charlotte Names New Program Director for Heritage Sports Radio WFNZ 610AM/92.7FM
- New York Public Radio Names Kenya Young Senior Vice President of WNYC Studios
- Pinky Cole’s Surprise Gift to Every CAU Graduate in Atlanta
- Police Uncover Video of Arby’s Manager Urinating in Milkshake Mix
- YOUTUBE AND THE SPRINGHILL COMPANY ANNOUNCE “RECIPE FOR CHANGE: AMPLIFYING BLACK WOMEN”