Music Business Empowerment Conference in Atlanta, GA March 13th-15th
~Empowering the music leaders of tomorrow~
A PREMIER MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT CONFERENCE
Music industry veterans Arlinda Garrett, Lester Pace and Kelby Cannick introduce the first annual Music Business Empowerment (MBE) Conference Friday, March 13th through Sunday, March 15th, 2015 at the Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North in Atlanta, GA. The curated 3-day experience will serve as a platform to edu-tain (educate and entertain) artists, emerging producers, managers, executives, entrepreneurs and other industry aspirants on the changing dynamics of the music business.
With conference subjects ranging from how to prepare for an interview, to how to properly submit your music for radio airplay, theMBEC will offer attendees a variety of networking and learning opportunities. Featuring a red carpet meet and greet, fashion show curated by celebrity stylist Middleman Fresh, an awards dinner and gala, as well as panel discussions and showcases all held in the music mecca of the south, attendees have the unique opportunity to plug into the creative energy of the city. “I’ve had this idea for quite some time and am thrilled to be able to leverage the professional relationships I’ve established over the years to give back to the community,” says event CEO and founder Garrett. “It’s an honor to have some of the most influential people in music and entertainment share their knowledge and inspire thought-provoking discussions on the evolution of the industry.”
Confirmed speakers include, Juliette Jones (EVP of Urban Promotion, Atlantic Records), Gregg Smith (Director of Writer/Publisher Relations, SESAC), Azim Rashid (SVP of Urban Promotion, Capitol Records), Dr. William Ashbourne (Professor of Law and Music Business at Alabama State University) and Kendall Minter Esq. (Professor of Copyright Law and Publishing at Georgia State University) and celebrity beauty and fashion photographer Drexina Nelson. Additional conference festivities include a new artist showcase, media mixer and membership drive for The Recording Academy. MBEC is proud to have partnered with sponsors SESAC, Coming Attraction Promotions, Colonel Loud, S.T.P. Entertainment and No Payne No Gain Management.
Garrett, an entertainment powerhouse whose career spans over three decades in the radio and marketing sector, has helped to mold the pioneering careers of artists such as Master P, Ice Cube and Jay-Z. The conference provides attendees the opportunity to see and be seen.
For more information logon to www.MBEConference.com
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- iHeartMedia Announces a Series of Inspiring Events Featuring Performing Artists Khalid and H.E.R. To Culminate Month-Long “HBCU Homecoming Celebration On iHeartRadio”
- ‘You’re pathetic!’ – Stephen A. slams Max’s Tom Brady take | First Take (Video)
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Gary’s Tea: Wendy Williams’ Staff Worried About Her Health & On-Air Behavior [WATCH]
- Former Golden State Warrior, Monte Ellis, shoots the Sonic Boom $60,000 gift
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)