Radio Facts: Larry Jackson has been promoted to President, A&R Arista Records/EVP A&R, RCA Music Group it was announced today. He was previously Senior Vice President of A&R, RCA Music Group. Larry continues to report to Barry Weiss, Chairman & CEO RCA/JIVE Label Group and is based in the company’s New York headquarters.
Jackson joined J Records upon its inception in 2000. During his tenure, Larry has handled the A&R process for multi-platinum artists such as Jennifer Hudson and her Grammy winning self-titled debut album, Leona Lewis’ debut album Spirit and this fall’s follow up ECHO. Most notably, Larry is co-producer for Whitney Houston’s acclaimed, successful musical return, I Look To You, which has already sold close to a million copies to date. Additionally, Larry is working with Monica on her new album set for release in December and has begun work on the debut for singer/hit songwriter BC Jean, who penned Beyonce’s smash “If I Were A Boy.” Jackson was recently selected one of Billboard’s “30 Under 30” in recognition of his contribution to the music community.
Barry Weiss comments: “Larry is an exceptional A&R executive – he has an incredible knack for pairing an artist with material that best suits their talent. He has excellent relationships within the creative community and has a great ear for identifying new talent whether it be a performer, songwriter or producer.”
Commenting on his promotion, Jackson states “I am honored and humbled by this incredible opportunity presented to me. I would like to offer with the utmost gratitude, my heartfelt thanks to my teachers Clive Davis, Barry Weiss and Keith Naftaly, all of whom have bequeathed a wealth of knowledge upon me that has brought me to this point.”
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Former Golden State Warrior, Monte Ellis, shoots the Sonic Boom $60,000 gift
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- iHeartMedia Announces a Series of Inspiring Events Featuring Performing Artists Khalid and H.E.R. To Culminate Month-Long “HBCU Homecoming Celebration On iHeartRadio”
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Harry Styles To Invest In New Co-Op Live Arena In Manchester
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers