Atlanta, GA, March 31, 2013 –(PR.com)– On your marks”¦Get set”¦Go!
Jon Jones, a candidate in this year’s election to city council, will be star-spangled with speed as he makes his way down the streets of Atlanta in this year’s Peachtree race. The AJC Peachtree Road Race has distinguished itself as one of the premier Fourth of July traditions in Atlanta. With its festive atmosphere, scenic city course and patriotic spirit, the event attracts runners from all over – eager to take part in the July 4th celebration. On March 25th, Jones was selected from a lottery of thousands of entrants to be a participant in the marathon. The AJC Peachtree Road Race starts in Buckhead, near Lenox Square Mall, and ends in Piedmont Park ““ passing through neighborhoods that Jones is vying to represent in City Hall this November.
Jones’ caign has also scheduled a pep rally for supporters in Piedmont Park once he reaches the finish line. Flanked by members of the community, Jones will deliver a speech at 1:00pm at the lake dockside in Piedmont Park, inviting members of the press and race participants to attend as he outlines his vision for direct democracy.
“It’s going to be an exciting opportunity for me to meet the people of this city, and run side-by-side with them as we honor our nation’s commitment to freedom and personal liberty,” Jones says, preparing to set off on the 6.2 mile race. The Independence Day marathon and press event will both be firsts for Jon Jones, marking the sprint phase of a race that pits him against incumbent Kwanza Hall for Atlanta City Council’s second district seat. Voters will head to the polls on November 5, 2013. The Fourth of July represents a checkpoint for the candidates, leaving 4 months until they reach the Election Day finish line.
For more information about the race, visit peachtreeroadrace.org
For more information about Jon Jones, visit Jones4Atlanta.com
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,