Power 99, Philly’s #1 Hip-Hop and R&B station, in partnership with Mayfair Imports announced today “Rise + Grind on the Road” – a series of live broadcasts from various locations in Philadelphia aimed to promote local Black owned businesses and community-based organizations. Rise + Grind morning show on-air personalities Mikey Dredd, Roxy Romeo and Mutha Knows will broadcast live at five locations throughout the city in the upcoming weeks to meet listeners in the community. The tour kicked off last month with its first stop at Juice by B.
“We want to shine a light on some extraordinary Black owned businesses,” said Derrick Corbett, Sr. Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia Philadelphia. “We also want to highlight community organizations offering positive activities for youth and resources for our community.”
The next stops on “Rise + Grind on the Road” include:
- CANCER Who? on July 16 from 6 – 10 a.m. (3400 Richmond St., Philadelphia, PA, 19134)
- Kelly Pool in Fairmont Park on July 31 from 2 – 5 p.m. (4231 Lansdowne Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19131)
- Mayfair Imports on August 6 from 6 – 10 a.m. (6900 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19135)
- Amalgam Comics & Coffee on August 13 from 6 – 10 a.m. (2578 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125)
- Lenfest Center on August 27 from 6 – 10 a.m. (3890 N 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19140)
Power 99 FM is the leading media outlet in the Philadelphia market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with 3 billion app downloads and more than 150 million registered users.