SHAWN “J CHRIS” CHRISTOPHER NAMED MARKETING/PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR FOR CUMULUS MEDIA SAVANNAH
With over 20 years of experience in the Radio Industry, radio veteran and music industry executive Shawn “J Chris” Christopher returns to Savannah, GA as the newly appointed Marketing and Promotions Director at Cumulus Media Savannah effective Monday, August 12, 2019. In this new role, Shawn will oversee marketing and promotions for (6) six radio stations; WEAS – E93 (Urban), WJCL – KIX96[COUNTRY], WJLG -900AM The Ticket(Sports), WTYB – Magic 103.9 (Urban AC), WIXV – I95 (Rock) and WBMQ 630AM (Talk).”This is such an awesome full-circle moment for me”, states Shawn Christopher.
“I’m so excited not only to be back in my hometown, the lovely city of Savannah but also to be at the company that got my professional career started! It’s an honor to continue the great success of marketing and promotions with Cumulus Savannah.”Eric Mastel, Vice President and Market Manager for Cumulus Media Savannah adds: “We are excited to have “J Chris” back on board the team here at Cumulus Savannah.
With his many years of experience with radio in Savannah and other markets, and his many connections here and the surrounding area, he’s going to be a massive asset to our cluster.”Shawn started as an intern with E93 during his junior year of high school (1993), then came back as a promotions intern in 1999, then received his professional start as an on-air personality at Cumulus’ E93 in 2000 and went on to work in several other markets after that as an on-air personality and Program Director.
In June 2013, Shawn relocated to Houston Texas and accepted the position as Executive Producer of the Nationally Syndicated Gospel and REACH Media radio show, The James Fortune Show hosted by Award-winning gospel artist, James Fortune. Under Shawn’s guidance, the show went to receive high ratings and great reviews.
Shawn “J Chris” Christopher has experienced much success in the Radio Industry and still aspires to do more. And throughout this success, he has only been more humbled and more appreciative of God’s blessings in his life. He believes radio has been his ultimate outlet. It is his platform, not only to use his gifts of performing and entertaining but also (and more importantly) he can directly impact the lives of the listeners.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Bobby Shmurda’s Issues in the Music Industry, Having Fun, New Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money