2020 has claimed another iconic life. Bonnie Pointer, a member of R&B group The Pointer Sisters, has died at the early age of 69.
“It is with great sadness that I have to announce to the fans of The Pointer Sisters that my sister, Bonnie died this morning,” Bonnie’s sister and former bandmate Anita said in a statement. Anita said “our family is devastated” and asked for “prayers at this time” on behalf of the Pointer family. “Bonnie was my best friend and we talked every day. We never had a fight in our life, I already miss her and I will see her again one day,” she said. The Pointer Sisters lost their other sister, June, in 2006.
With her sisters, Bonnie made five albums and also co-wrote a Grammy-winning song for the group, “Fairytale.” RIP Bonnie Pointer. We wish her family, friends, and loved ones our sincere condolences.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- SINGER, SONGWRITER, PRODUCER, AND YOUTUBE SENSATION DEVVON TERRELL RELEASES “YOU TRIPPIN” (video)
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- It Has Come to this: Bulletproof Backpacks to Protect Children in Chicago Have Arrived
- TEDDY SWIMS RELEASES NEW ANTHEM “BROKE” TODAY