You certainly have to give Bill credit for reinventing himself to a whole new generation and I damn near totally agree with everything he's been saying… I'm going to watch it. MSNBC TO TELECAST ABOUT OUR CHILDREN, FEATURING BILL COSBY, A LIVE EVENT MODERATED BY MICHELLE BERNARD, SUNDAY SEPT. 20 MSNBC will telecast “About Our Children…,” a live event featuring Bill Cosby, moderated by Independent Women's Forum president and CEO and MSNBC political analyst Michelle Bernard, Sunday, Sept. 20, 7-9 p.m. ET. Cosby will discuss poverty in America, focusing on the parenting, education and health issues facing the poor in the United States, live from Howard University. Panelists include Dr. Alvin Poussaint, professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, Ben Jealous, President of the NAACP, Terrie M. Williams, author of “Black Pain,” and Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers.
MSNBC will also take online questions for Cosby and the panel at TheGrio.com and msnbc.com. The event will be live streamed on msnbc.com and viewers can also go to AboutOurChildren.msnbc.com to get more information about this special event. Dr. Bill Cosby is one of the most influential performers in the last half century. Coming from a poor Philadelphia neighborhood, he rose to reshape the nation's airwaves through shows like “I Spy” and “The Cosby Show.” He became one of the most successful storytellers on record, and authored several blockbuster books, including Fatherhood, the fastest-selling hardcover book of all time, which spent 54 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. Bill Cosby, in his work as an entertainer, has always communicated philosophies that help people see their human commonalities.
Michelle D. Bernard is the president and CEO of the Independent Women's Forum, a non-partisan, 501(c)(3) research and educational institution, and Independent Women's Voice and an MSNBC political analyst. Bernard is a regular panelist with MSNBC's “Hardball with Chris Matthews” and with “The McLaughlin Group.” She is also a Sunday columnist with The Examiner. Bernard is the author of Women's Progress: How Women and Are Wealthier, Healthier and More Independent Than Ever Before (Spence Publishing) and is a contributing author to the National Urban League's State of Black America (2009) and Lifetime Networks' Secrets of Powerful Women: 25 Successful American Politicians Tell How They Got Where They Are and What It's Like (Hyperion Books/February 2010).
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic